Instant Pot cauliflower rice is a quick and easy way to add a little healthy to your day. In this blog article watch me, Angela Naumann, the curvy woman’s certified health coach, show you a quick hack for making Instant Pot cauliflower rice, grab the basic recipe, and download a FREE copy of “10 Health Hacks for the Instant Pot” and the Bonus Content.
Sometimes on the journey to a healthy you, you work on your mindset, and sometimes you have to try something a little different. Today we are going to visit the kitchen and try Instant Pot cauliflower rice.
Living a healthy lifestyle is great in helping you achieve your goals, because several reasons. From increased energy, improved focus, better sleep and reduced stress, healthy living is proven to benefit your daily living. We all know it is true. We don’t always want to make the clean eating choices, but we can see the value of adding in more good to our way of eating.
One change that helped in my house was moving from white rice, to brown rice. Then I moved to wild rice, eventually to quinoa, to now…. cauliflower rice. It was a journey over the years to try new things and find a place were it worked for my family.
Another love of mine is my Instant Pot. This handy dandy kitchen tool is a favorite of mine. It is the bomb. You can pressure cook, steam, saute, slow cook, and so much more. I at times have wished I had a second one. In my kitchen it is used at least 3-4 times a week. I love it.
This is also a great hack to add to your meal prepping. I am big on setting my week up for success by planning ahead. It has made a difference in my health journey. I can tell that when I have prepped that I eat more healthy especially on busy weeks where the stress can run higher. I have some great tips on Meal Preppin for the Week for Beginners. Check it out and let me know how it helps.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Rice FB Live
Here is a quick little Facebook Live I did on making cauliflower rice in Instant pot. I’ll shoot you the recipe below the video.
Basic Cauliflower Rice
- Wash cauliflower and trim off the leaves. Usually this means you’ll chop it into a few large pieces. You can leave the head whole if you like. Just clean it well.
- Put all the pieces on top of the steamer insert in an Instant Pot (or other pressure cooker).
- Pour one cup water under the cauliflower and steamer basket.
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the valve is closed.
- Set on manual for one minute or steam for 1-3 minutes depending on how tender you prefer your cauliflower rice. I like to steam for 2 for tender “rice”. In the video I did it for 3 and it was more tender than we typically like. Try it a couple of different ways to find your personal preference. (It will take about 10 minutes to get up to pressure.)
- After the cook timer beeps, open the valve to quick-release the pressure. (This takes about 2 minutes.)
- Drain the water from the pot, returning the cauliflower to the pot.
- Next using a hand potato masher or electric beaters, beat the cauliflower until it is rice consistency.
- Now you can season the rice to your liking.
FREE TOP 10 HEALTHY HACKS FOR INSTANT POT
Instant Pot cauliflower rice isn’t my only healthy hack for the instant pot. Want to know more? Get your copy of my “Top 10 Healthy Hacks for the Instant Pot” plus the bonus content of my “A Health Coaches Top 10 Favorite Recipes for the Instant Pot” now. Just Click below.
Or if you need a few healthy snack ideas check out my blog article Healthy Snacks On the Go: Tips for the Car, Airport, and Hotel
Do you have a healthy hack for your instant pot?
~Angela Naumann The Curvy Woman’s Health Coach